Terms & Conditions
Welcome to www.etripster.com. This ebookers branded website is operated by Joymark Travel. The Services offered by etripster.com (as defined below) can only be used by Customers who have first read these General Terms and Conditions and accepted them unconditionally. If Customers proceed with a booking on the www.etripster.com website or via the Etripster call centre, these General Terms and Conditions will apply to that booking. Customers undertake to fulfil the obligations contained within these General Terms and Conditions. Customers should save and/or print a copy of these General Terms and Conditions for future reference when making a booking.
1. YOUR HOLIDAY RESERVATION
On receipt of your deposit / payment, subject to availability and at our discretion, Etripster will reserve your place on your selected holiday. A contract is only made between you and us upon your booking being confirmed and accepted by us and our communication thereof to either you or your travel agent.
2. PRICES AND EXCHANGE RATE
Prices and exchange rate: All prices quoted to the Client/Agent are in American Dollars at current rate of exchange and valid until the date notified in tour program.
Price changes: Etripster warrants that the prices or rates quoted to the Client/Agent are correct at the time of issuance of the Client's/Agent's quotation and/or invoice but are subject to change in line with market, tax or currency fluctuation, with or without prior notice.
3. IF WE CANCEL OR CHANGE YOUR HOLIDAY
- Etripster reserves the right to change or cancel your booking in accordance with operating requirements or circumstances beyond its control. For a coach holiday to operate successfully a minimum number of clients is required. Should the numbers on your holiday fail to reach this minimum Etripster reserves the right to cancel your holiday giving a minimum of 6 weeks notice.
- Should change or cancellation prove necessary we will give you reasonable notice thereof, in the circumstances, and where available, offer you a comparable or better alternative.
- If an alternative is not available or acceptable you will be entitled to either a full refund of monies paid by you to us or transfer to another Etripster holiday without payment of any transfer fee.
- If the change or cancellation is due to force majeure (i.e. circumstances like political unrest, war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, closure of airports or ports, industrial disputes, terrorist activity, natural and nuclear disasters, fire, epidemic or health risk, Acts of God, adverse weather conditions or other similar events beyond Etripster's control) we will give a full refund of any monies paid to us less reasonable expenses incurred by us in respect of your booking.
- Etripster is not responsible for the costs of any other travel arrangements affected due to our cancellations or rescheduling of any trip departure.
4. HOLIDAY DETAILS AND CONDITIONS
- Throughout this website reference is made to the standard of accommodation, meal plans, transportation and included extras that make up your Etripster Holiday.
- With respect to our touring program Etripster will do our best, at our discretion, to select accommodation, sightseeing trips and transportation to give you good value for money.
- Etripster constantly strives to improve trip itineraries and features. If such improvements can be made, or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control make changes necessary, we reserve the right to vary itineraries and to substitute hotels. Etripster is not responsible for any other travel arrangements affected due to our cancellations.
1. BOOKING YOUR HOLIDAY
- In order to reserve your holiday, a deposit of US$200, per person per trip, or the full amount payable if booking is made within 45 days of departure, must be submitted to Etripster by you in respect of that holiday. This payment is in addition to any deposit required by your travel agent. The deposit is accepted as a first instalment of the holiday price by Etripster only once the booking has been confirmed in writing by Etripster or your travel agent.
- Deposit and final payment will be collected in USD.
- Your land reservation will be confirmed on receipt of a non refundable deposit of US$200 per person per trip, which must be within 7 days of booking or the reservation will automatically be cancelled.
- Any special meal requirements will be made on a request basis only. Etripster cannot guarantee special meal requests nor will it assume any responsibility or liability if clients' special meal requirements are not fulfilled.
2. PAYING THE BALANCE
- The balance of the holiday price must be paid no later than 45 days before the scheduled holiday departure date from your home country which shall be by the due date stated on the confirmation issued to you by Etripster.
- If payment isn't made by the due date, Etripster may assume that you have cancelled and cancellation charges in accordance with clause 3 below will be levied by Etripster.
- Tickets and other documents will not be forwarded until full payment has been received by us.
- In the case of Late Bookings made within 45 days of your departure from your home country, the full cost of the holiday will be payable immediately on booking and we reserve the right to provide all travel documents at the holiday departure point.
- Etripster reserves the right to cancel the booking and apply cancellation charges should payments not be received within the above specified periods.
3. IF YOU CANCEL
- Notice of cancellation must be made in writing to Etripster.
- Your deposit is non-refundable upon cancellation by you.
- Upon cancellation you will be liable to pay a fee to cover the estimate of cost and expenses incurred by us in the terms of the schedule set out hereunder. This is expressed as a percentage of the holiday price and is calculated as follows:
- Cancellations made more than 7 days prior to travel receive a full refund
- Cancellations made 3 – 6 days prior to travel receive 50% cancellation fee.
- Cancellation made 2 days or less prior to travel receive 100 % cancellation fee
- For tours and packages including hotel bookings, cancellation are subject to made more than 7 days prior for full refund and cancellations made 7 days or less prior to travel receive 100% cancellation fee.
- No refund for event, attraction, theater, show or coupon ticket or tour packages commencing during a special event period.
- These cancellation fees are in addition to any cancellation fees that may be levied by your travel agent. Final policy will be confirmed at time of booking.
- If flight changes are requested after the deposit has been received, or if flights are cancelled after tickets are issued, revision fees, change fees or Airline cancellation fees will be applicable and maybe in addition to the above cancellation charges.
4. IF YOU CHANGE YOUR BOOKING
- If after your booking has been confirmed, you wish to change to an alternate departure date of any available trip, you may do so subject to availability.
- If the change is requested 15bdays before the original trip departure no fee will be charged.
- A change of booking within 15 days of original trip departure will be treated as a cancellation and normal cancellation fees will apply (as detailed in section 3). However trip deposits can be used as credit to a new trip.
- A name change to a different person will be treated as a cancellation.
- A fee will be charged for any alteration to airline arrangements made by Etripster as per clause 3
5. HOLIDAY DETAILS AND CONDITIONS
- Please read the tours details carefully for those items included in the price. No allowance or refund can be made for meals, accommodation, excursions, etc. that you elect not to take, or when museums, shops, etc are closed. Hotel facilities may vary from place to place. Meals may vary in style.
- Etripster must be advised of any medical conditions or physical disability requiring special attention before you book your holiday. If you do not advise us at this stage, we may refuse to accept your booking. We may also refuse you if we feel that the holiday chosen is not suitable without a suitably qualified companion. Etripster will try to help you with your requirements but cannot guarantee to do so, either on our own or our suppliers' (such as hotels, restaurants and excursions) behalf. Many of our holidays involve getting on and off coaches, walking trips and other physical activities. Some holidays may not be suitable for you if you rely on a wheelchair or have certain other disabilities. Should your disability require you to have special assistance, it is a condition of Etripster accepting your booking that you provide evidence satisfactory to us that an able-bodied person will accompany you and is able to provide any special needs or services that you may require. Etripster will not be responsible for the failure of this person to provide these services.
- You are responsible for all travel arrangements and costs to/from the point of commencement/conclusion of the holiday.
- There may be times when the Etripster Representative has to make a decision in your best interests or the best interests of their group. You agree to comply with the authority and decisions of the appointed Etripster Representative and the laws of the country in which you are travelling. If you do not so comply or if, in the Etripster Representative's opinion, you are not compatible with the general enjoyment and well being of other members on the holiday or smooth operation of the holiday itself, we reserve the right to refuse to let you continue with the holiday. We do not tolerate the possession or carriage of illegal or restricted substances (drugs). Furthermore, you agree that your fellow travellers and any Etripster Representative has the right to travel/work in a safe environment. Any threats to their safety, well being or inappropriate behaviour by you, whether verbal or physical, will be taken extremely seriously and may result in the immediate termination of your holiday. In either event, you will be responsible for your own repatriation and related costs and have no claims against us.
- You are responsible for any costs incurred as a result of damage or excess cleaning fees related to your accommodation. You are advised to immediately report any pre-existing damage in your room to hotel staff and/or a Etripster Trip Manager as soon as it is discovered.
- Where the passenger occupies a motorcoach seat fitted with a safety belt, neither the operator or service providers, agents or co-operating organisations shall be liable for any illness, injury or death or any loss or damages or claims whatsoever arising from any accident or incident, if the safety belt is not being worn at the time of the accident or incident.
- It is your responsibility to have a valid passport and all visas, permits and certificates required for your selected holiday as well as any necessary vaccinations and to comply with all applicable laws. Etripster is not responsible for any costs incurred as a result of failing to obtain necessary visas. Any costs whatsoever regarding obtaining, replacing or changing visas whilst on a trip (including accommodation, meals, flights and transfers incurred due to associated delays) are at your own expense.
- You agree that our Etripster Trip Managers or Representatives may take photographs and films of you while you are on holiday and that these may be used in our Group brochures and/or advertising or publicity material without obtaining any further consent or payment in respect of such photographs and/or films.
- Should you have a complaint in respect of the holiday, you should inform the Etripster Trip Manager or Etripster Representative during the course of the holiday and if the matter cannot be resolved after the Representative's best endeavours to do so during the holiday, your complaint should be made in writing to Etripster as soon as is reasonably possible after the holiday but within 28 days thereof so that your complaint can be investigated. Any claims made after the 28 day period will not be considered by Etripster. If you choose to write to Etripster via the Internet, please provide your home address so that we are able to reply to you in writing.
- The contract and all matters arising in respect hereof shall be subject to English Law, unless we agree otherwise in writing.
- If any provision of this contract is held invalid or unenforcable by any court of competent jurisdiction, that provision shall be deemed to be re-written to give effect to the same purpose within the permitted limits of the law. The validity and enforcability of the other provisions shall not be affected.
- If you are unsuccessful in any legal action instituted against us, you agree to pay all our costs, including but not limited to, attorney/client costs.
It is compulsory that you take out comprehensive insurance cover for cancellation, personal injury, death, medical expenses, repatriation expenses and evacuation expenses before you travel on a Etripster holiday. We strongly recommend your insurance also covers cancellation, personal liability and loss of personal property. Please check that the insurance covers all of the activities that you are going to be participating in. Some policies exclude certain adventure activities. This should be arranged at the time of payment of the deposit and will, in certain circumstances, cover you against loss of deposit or cancellation fees from the date of confirmation of your booking, as shown in the insurance policy. Etripster cannot be held responsible for your failure to take out appropriate insurance. You also agree to indemnify us against all third-party claims, actions, damages and remedies which may be brought against us in respect of your participation in the holiday.
7. ILLNESS OR ABSENTEEISM
In the event of your withdrawal from a holiday after the commencement as a result of illness, you must obtain a medical certificate in support of any insurance claim. No refunds will be made for any absence from the trip.
8. WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED IN THE HOLIDAY PRICE
Airfares to and from your holiday destination, airport taxes, passport and visa fees, insurance, laundry, phone calls, beverages, meals not detailed in the itinerary, tips to Trip Managers, Trip Drivers, representatives & local guides, items of a personal nature, excess baggage, optional excursions.
9. WEATHER CONDITIONS
Under no circumstances can we be held responsible weather conditions, nor can any holiday be cancelled or amended by you at any time on the basis of weather conditions.
- The Booking Conditions detailed herein contain the entire contract between you and Etripster. No representation, term, warranty or condition can be expressed or implied by reference to any other writing, advertisement or conversation. This contract may only be varied in writing by a duly authorised officer or director of Etripster.
- Your contract is with us as the trip operating company. At any time and at our complete discretion we may nominate to you in writing any other company or person to have the benefit of some or all of those provisions of this contract, which we may then specify, as if you had agreed the provisions concerned directly with that company or person in the first place as well as agreeing them with us. We may at our complete discretion assign all or any rights and liabilities arising under or by virtue of this or any other contract with you.
- Transportation companies, airlines etc. are not to be held responsible for any act, omission or event during the time passengers are not on board planes, transportation or conveyances.
- Etripster is not a carrier or hotelier nor does it own aircraft, hotels or coaches. Etripster contracts with many different suppliers throughout the world to ensure that all the components of your holiday are taken care of. Etripster accepts responsibility for the services contracted with these suppliers as they effect your holiday. Where a part of your holiday as specified in this brochure cannot be provided and a reasonable alternative not accepted, Etripster may pay compensation specific to that loss.Please also note that Etripster cannot be held responsible for the failure of any of these parties to provide facilities or services for handicapped clients (see also under Holiday Details & Conditions).
- Please note that no airline or carrier depicted or recommended by virtue of their endorsement of this brochure represent themselves either as contracting with any purchaser of a holiday from Etripster or as having any other legal relationship with any such purchaser.
- Every effort is made to ensure brochure accuracy at the time of going to print, however Etripster cannot be held responsible for printing or typographical errors, or errors arising from unforeseen circumstances.